Készült 2013. március 8. | írta Attila6
Paladins are pretty solid overall. Still, we had a few issues to address:
- We wanted to make less attractive talents more attractive.
- Holy was too dominant in PvP.
- Retribution wasn’t performing as well in PvP.
We focused a lot on addressing the performance of Holy Paladins in PvP for Mists of Pandaria, and it worked . . . a little too well. They have some offensive utility now and a variety of strong heals. To bring them back into line, we’re making two changes: Blinding Light will now have a cast time, but only for Holy. We also changed a PvP gear bonus to affect Flash of Light instead of Word of Glory. Shifting more PvP healing to a cast-time spell opens up the risk of interrupts and also requires the Paladin to stand still on occasion. Addressing representation through balance adjustments is always tricky – healers are always in demand for 3v3 Arena teams, so it’s unlikely that we’ll see Retribution Paladins become as common as Holy Paladins. However, we did want to give Retribution a little more oomph. The main change here is to lower the cooldown on Avenging Wrath to two minutes for Retribution only. Since this is an ability raiding Paladins have today through a set bonus, we just made it a core change. We also made Retribution’s Flash of Light stronger and allow them to benefit more from PvP Power’s conversion to healing. It makes sense that even DPS Paladins have good healing potential, so long as Retribution continues to primarily fill the role of a damage-dealer and can’t fully step into the role of a dedicated healer in PvP. Smaller Retribution buffs include letting them benefit from Glyph of Blessed Life and Templar’s Verdict to a greater extent, and adding a snare to Hammer of Light.
Protection received few changes; we like how they are doing overall. One small change was to make Grand Crusader benefit from dodges and parries as well, so that Paladins would benefit more from stats that were going to appear on their tanking gear anyway.
- Avenging Wrath now has a cooldown of 2 minutes for Retribution Paladins (was 3 minutes). The cooldown remains unchanged for Holy and Protection Paladins.
- Light’s Hammer now also applies a 50% snare for 2 seconds to targets that take damage from the area of effect.
- Hand of Purity now reduces all incoming damage by 10% in addition to its other effects.
- Eternal Flame’s periodic heal now provides 100% more healing when self-cast.
- Judgment now costs 5% of base mana.
- Repentance now has a cast time of 1.7 seconds (was 1.5 seconds).
- Sacred Shield’s periodic effect can no longer be dispelled. Each individual absorb effect can be dispelled instead.
- Seal of Righteousness now causes melee attacks to deal 9% damage (was 6%) to targets in the area-of-effect.
- Selfless Healer now boosts Flash of Light by 20/40/60% (was 33/66/100%).
- Glyph of Blessed Life no longer requires Seal of Insight to be active.
- Glyph of Templar’s Verdict can also activate from Exorcism.
- Blinding Light now has a 1.8-second cast time for Holy Paladins. It remains instant cast for Retribution and Protection.
- Holy 4-piece PvP set bonus now grants Holy Power when casting Flash of Light, instead of Word of Glory.
- The base damage of Consecration has been increased by 789%, and it now scales less efficiently with attack power by approximately 11%.
- Grand Crusader now has a chance to activate when the Paladin doges or parries a melee attack in addition to having a 12% chance (was 20%) to activate from Crusader Strike or Hammer of the Righteous.
- Seal of Justice now causes melee attacks to deal an additional 20% (was 16%) as Holy damage.
- Sword of Light now increases Flash of Light by 100% (was 30%) and increases the Paladin’s damage with two-handed melee weapons by 15% (was 10%).
- Absolve is a new passive ability for Retribution Paladins. Absolve removes all harmful magic effects when Hand of Sacrifice is cast on a party member.
- Retribution 2-piece PvP set bonus now grants 1000 PvP power (was 800).
- Tier-14 Retribution 4-piece set bonus has been changed to increase damage on all Seals and Judgment by 10%.
- Tier 15-ös Retribution Set: Battlegear of the Lightning Emperor
- Tier 15-ös Protection Set: Plate of the Lightning Emperor
- Tier 15-ös Holy Set: Vestments of the Lightning Emperor
- Season 13-as PVP Set